Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I feel sick...

(7 Posts)
BunnyCupBows Tue 30-May-17 09:49:51

Currently clearing out some paperwork from 2008, it was a really difficult time with the death of two grandparents. It was the first time I'd lived out of home. I found a cheque, which I'm assuming is my deposit plus something else (the document isn't clear) which totals over £600. I guess I can't cash it in but it makes me sick that I didn't cash it. Should I contact the letting agent? Probably should just accept that I've lost the money but I'm a bit upset.

LIZS Tue 30-May-17 09:58:25

You can ask them to reissue the cheque.

notapizzaeater Tue 30-May-17 10:21:43

See if the company is still active and ask them to reissue.

sammyjayneexx Tue 30-May-17 10:30:03

I would contact the issuer and explain the situation as your still entitled to the funds if it was your deposit. You could also speak
To the bank and see what they say

BunnyCupBows Tue 30-May-17 10:52:19

Thanks for the responses. I feel like such an idiot, but it was a monumentally crap time.

sammyjayneexx Tue 30-May-17 10:54:47

Aww don't feel like an idiot, like you said you were going through a difficult time, it's understandable

TreeTop7 Wed 31-May-17 15:17:25

You're not an idiot, you were going through a rough time. If the company is stilll trading, go and have a word with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now