Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

HELP!!

(6 Posts)
user1493221484 Mon 29-May-17 23:10:22

I don't mean to post on here and ask but I have no one else to turn to.
Does anyone have any advice on what I can do as my electricity has just ran out and I have no money or no way to get any until the end of the week and I need some as my baby needs her bottles and I need lights. Any advice will be most appreciated.

feathermucker Mon 29-May-17 23:11:47

Do you have an emergency option on your meter? Can you borrow some money until you get paid?

user1493221484 Mon 29-May-17 23:13:54

I have already used the emergency, i've pressed it again but nothing sad There is no one around that I could ask at the moment as family are away and neighbours don't help. Ive asked everyone I can think of but I don't know what else to do. I am waiting to be paid but I just keep getting messed around

feathermucker Mon 29-May-17 23:15:21

In the morning, can you apply for a crisis/hardship loan?

FlossyMooToo Mon 29-May-17 23:16:03

Contact your energy provider and explain the situation. They will top up your meter. I have to do it as I work with a vulnerable client group so I know they do it.
It maybe too late to fo now but 8am tomorrow should be fine.

FlossyMooToo Mon 29-May-17 23:18:37

How old is your baby?
Can you not speak to your HV tomorrow as they can help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now