Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Money transfers

(9 Posts)
Layla30 Sat 27-May-17 13:02:42

My DH and I have a joint account where both our wages are paid into then each have our own accounts for other stuff.
There is a standing order set up For the 27th of each month to transfer money from the joint account to my account.
This only works when there is no bank holidays etc which is starting to really annoy me.
We did have the date set as the 30th of each month but encountered so many problems over Christmas and new year we changed it to the 27th.
The money due into my account today has not transferred and bank is saying it won't be until the 30th. We are in Scotland and this is a Scottish bank so it's not even our bank holiday weekend!!!
I am so angry at this - it's 2017 everything is computerised so why is this causing a problem?!?

VintagePerfumista Sat 27-May-17 13:05:07

Bring the date forward?
I'd guess it's more to do with it being Saturday than it being a BH weekend tbh.

dementedpixie Sat 27-May-17 13:07:19

Change the date of the standing order to next months due date and send today's payment by faster payments (i.e. a one off payment) and it will get there within 2 hours

Layla30 Sat 27-May-17 13:10:29

We can't bring it forward any more as my DH gets paid on 26th and I get paid on 27th.
Can't get my head around how the bank can't deal with this on a Saturday.

Layla30 Sat 27-May-17 13:11:38

Demented pixie do faster payments work that fast between 2 different banks?
My account I see not with the same bank as the joint account.

Layla30 Sat 27-May-17 13:12:58

*isnt

Theresnonamesleft Sat 27-May-17 13:15:35

Manually do it. Transfers instantly regardless of day. Takes seconds to do.

Layla30 Sat 27-May-17 13:16:50

Thank you will do that from now on then.

Moanyoldcow Sun 28-May-17 14:43:44

I don't understand what the issue is - if it's not reached your account and you need it just take it from the joint manually. Or get paid into individual accounts and transfer the necessary amt into the joint just before end of month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now