Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Remortgage:what is the best way

(3 Posts)
callmemamma Tue 16-May-17 13:13:24

Hi.Not sure whether anyone here can answer this specific questions but we have a mortgage in two parts and these have different rates.We can remortgage 1st part in July but 2nd in September.Is is best to wait and remortgage total?Is it always best to stay with the same provider?Should I pay fo valuation as Zoopla is showing me my house value increased by 28000.How they calculate LTV on part mortgage?Maybe someone had similar experience?

BurntBum Wed 17-May-17 09:57:46

You wouldn't be able to remortgage part of your mortgage with a different lender whilst you still had the second part with your current lender. If you want to make your mortgage simpler to manage then wait until your second part comes to the end of the deal and then consider your options (or pay early redemption penalty if you wish to sort things sooner)

Moanyoldcow Wed 17-May-17 23:23:26

What Bum said.

Also, no need to pay for a valuation - estimate based on asking prices of nearby similar houses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now