Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

No money left what do I do

(12 Posts)
eatingforonemore Tue 16-May-17 10:08:18

I have no money left to get us through the month. I don't even have money to get to work and I've gave up the council flat we were to move into during the cooling off period and now they won't give me my weeks rent I paid upfront and they've told me I need to pay 3 weeks more even though the place doesn't even have windows or a front door (all shutters)
I've put in a referral at the local food bank but I've been told I could be waiting a week or two for it to fully go through.
I don't even know what to do anymore.

MovingtoParadise Tue 16-May-17 10:11:00

That's terrible shock

What's the councils reason for this? Did they expect you to move in and wait for windows to be fitted?

MumIsRunningAMarathon Tue 16-May-17 10:13:15

Are you claiming benefits or working?

MumIsRunningAMarathon Tue 16-May-17 10:14:07

Oh just seen you work!

Could you ask for a small advance on wages?
Family or friend to offer short term loan?

eatingforonemore Tue 16-May-17 10:15:24

I'm working at the moment.
The council were supposed to take them off throughout the week but I said I work a 9-5 and can't take time off but they said they couldn't do it at weekends so it's been left - the moving in date was yesterday but I put my letter in on Friday saying we couldnt live there.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Tue 16-May-17 10:15:52

Any points on a nectar card or similar?

Maudlinmaud Tue 16-May-17 10:16:09

Op any local charities in the area we have st vincent de paul here and they would help in a situation like this.

eatingforonemore Tue 16-May-17 10:18:16

It's a new job (I got paid from my last job about £300) and we were supposed to get a £200 advance on wages because of how their pay schedule works but I never got it.
My mum has paid off a lot of debt for me (it's on a credit card in her name and I'm supposed to give her the money every month this month I've had to miss) so I try not to ask her for money

Fliptophead Tue 16-May-17 10:18:17

Where do you live?

MovingtoParadise Tue 16-May-17 10:18:39

I don't understand. If you weren't living there what was the problem with them fitting windows? Surely they couldn't expect you to take time off?

StaplesCorner Tue 16-May-17 10:19:20

I second Maud if you have an SVP charity shop (St Vincent de Paul) go in there and ask for help.

StaplesCorner Tue 16-May-17 10:23:47

OP do you live near one of these?

svp.org.uk/CommunityShops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now