Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credit renewal?

(4 Posts)
anon1987 Tue 16-May-17 09:48:22

My daughter was awarded Middle rate dla in January, her claim was completed 7th April.
I called tax credits to inform them so the premium could be added.

The premium has now been added but money is still owed to us from when she was awarded in January.

I've called twice to enquire about the back payment owed. First person said it looked as though it's being spread out, second person said that I had an overpayment from a few years ago of about £1500 (that I wasn't aware of and makes no sense?)
So the back pay looked like it had been deducted from that.

I renewed my tax credits and got the provisional award notice, which took me up to 5th April.
Our new award amounts aren't showing on there, and there is no mention of the premium or back pay being taken for the overpayment. I have however been deducted £200 or so a month to pay back the £1500 over payment.

Could both tax credit advisors have got this wrong?
Could it possibly be that they haven't seen the updated information?.

Can they take a huge chunk (£900) AND deduct £200 a month to pay back the over payment?

anon1987 Tue 16-May-17 10:06:08

Bump

anon1987 Tue 16-May-17 11:02:40

Bumping again

LovelyBath77 Wed 17-May-17 19:42:13

I would do an online chat with tax credits or give them a ring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now