Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Is anyone a Jobcentre advisor? I need information.

(3 Posts)
FoxyBingoWings Sat 29-Apr-17 13:37:35


My girlfriend has lost her flat and is going to be homeless. She works a 20 hour a week contract.

She is going to move in with me but we live in different areas of the country so to move here she has to quit her job.

I'm on income based ESA. Can I add her to my claim? As a couple? I understand it's the same amount really. Just a few pounds more. But can I add her or do I have to put a new claim in?

lemonfool Sat 29-Apr-17 15:20:01

You can add her to your claim but they will ask you to fill out a form with details of her savings etc. They'll suspend your claim while they process that. One suggestion might be getting the max budgeting loan before making the switch so that you have some money in the bank while it's suspended, otherwise you'll be stuck with nothing.

FoxyBingoWings Sat 29-Apr-17 22:36:38

Thanks for the info x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: