Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Life insurance help...

(3 Posts)
emmabrown123 Wed 26-Apr-17 13:53:51

A few weeks ago I realised we were paying ridiculous amounts for our life insurance (£80 per month) so cancelled it with the intention of getting a new policy. Turns out that was a stupid move!!

Applied with Zurich (they were cheapest) and have been told today after lots of back and forth that they won't insure me. Since the birth of my second child I have had some problems with anxiety (mild in my opinion) and have been referred for a course of CBT. This is why they will not insure me.

So I guess I have two questions I need help with

1/ What life insurance do I actually NEED? Do I need something that will cover my mortgage if either me or my partner die?

2/ Are there insurers I might be more likely to get insurance with? Now Zurich have refused to insure me will it be harder to get insurance elsewhere?

Any knowledge / advice on the subject would be gratefully received.

Thanks!!

Pinkypierainbowdash Wed 26-Apr-17 13:58:25

Iv pm'd you x

delilahbucket Wed 26-Apr-17 18:54:41

You need a broker. They found me the only insurer that would cover me due to family history.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now