Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Santander mortgage

(6 Posts)
Noappointmentnecessary Tue 25-Apr-17 23:08:40

Hello
Applying for a mortgage with Santander and am currently on maternity leave. What will they need in regards to proof I'm going back to work?

Thank you

LemonSqueezy0 Wed 26-Apr-17 10:19:58

Could you ask them? I don't mean that in a snarky way, but they'll give you a definitive answer.

Tootsiepops Wed 26-Apr-17 10:24:05

When my husband and I were porting our existing Santander mortgage to our new house, they wouldn't take me in to consideration at all when filling out paperwork because I was on unpaid maternity leave. Our application was assessed purely on my husband's income alone.

delilahbucket Wed 26-Apr-17 18:50:14

All you need is a wage slip from prior to going on mat leave, your current wage slips and a verbal confirmation you are returning on same terms. You will also have to show your childcare costs.

Tobuyornot99 Wed 26-Apr-17 19:01:20

In exactly your position. Needed a letter from HR stating that I will be going back to the same job, salary details etc. I'm considering going back part time but the Santander man said that would complicate things if I had HR document that. Also needed 3 months payslips pretty mat leave, and last 3 might the payslips during mat leave. So quite a bit. Also had to declare how we'd pay for childcare after mat leave

insertimaginativeusername Wed 26-Apr-17 19:06:23

I moved mine to Santander while on mat leave and wasn't ask to prove I was going back and they still took my wages into consideration, they just took my last 3 pay slips and worked it out from my hourly rate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now