Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Bit of advice

(3 Posts)
Gamora135 Mon 24-Apr-17 23:06:35

Hi. My partner and me are looking to move in together. We have a five year old son together , he works full time but I am in receipt of benefits. I am my sons carer, he is deaf. Does anyone know what we would be entitled to when we claim together? Thank you xxhmm

LemonSqueezy0 Tue 25-Apr-17 10:57:20

Go to and put in your details as if you live together and it will tell you.

Babyroobs Tue 25-Apr-17 22:35:51

It will completely depend on your household income. If your son receives DLA then that won't be affected as it is a non means tested benefit. You will still be able to get carers but anything like tax credits/ Housing benefits will depend on what your partner earns.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: