Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Credit Union Loan

(3 Posts)
eatingforonemore Sun 23-Apr-17 19:57:26

I have a dreadful credit rating and am hopefully being offered a flat in the next week or 2. Was going to take a high Apr loan to get the placed furnished (my Aspergers and anxiety is causing me to mega stress out thinking about it not being done when we move in). I'm now wondering about a credit union loan? Are they slightly easier to get even with a bad credit rating? I already use the credit union for saving so already a member

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Sun 23-Apr-17 20:03:58

If you're already a member, it should be easier. I have one, competitive % APR. Marginally higher than a high street bank, but I couldn't get one anywhere else with my credit rating at the time.

Credit union all the way

But also, look at second hand furniture stores. British Heart Foundation is a great place to start. Gumtree, ebay, the lot. No need to spend a fortune on new.

eatingforonemore Sun 23-Apr-17 20:30:27

Gumtree is my favourite app on my phone. Picked up free wallpaper and found out its worth £78 a roll and I have two😂 I mainly want to get a new washer dryer, fridge freezer and sofa and can't get finance for them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now