Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Saving on grocery shopping at Aldi

(7 Posts)
2015mom Sat 22-Apr-17 13:30:04

We shop at Aldi and wanted to see if there were more ways to save whilst shopping at Aldi because they don't tend to have many products of the same and don't tend to have a reduced aisle - well I have never seen one.

Does anybody shop at Aldi and managed to cut back on costs whilst shopping at Aldi?

Nan0second Sat 22-Apr-17 13:35:52

I find my shop is half the price of Sainsbury's as long as I meal plan (roughly) and make a list and don't buy any of the crap in the middle aisle!
I also target the special offer veg.
I find they don't need special offers because everything always costs less than the main supermarkets.
Occasionally they reduce stuff that's end of date at ours but not reliably or as early as the big supermarkets.

2015mom Sat 22-Apr-17 13:38:05

Thanks Nan very helpfuo

2015mom Sat 22-Apr-17 13:38:16

Helpful

NurseButtercup Sat 22-Apr-17 20:56:21

I meal plan based upon whatever the super six fruit and vegetable deal is. This also encourages me to try new veggies and look for recipes. The spices in aldi are cheap & the long life semi skimmed milk is cheaper 49p per litre as opposed to 89p in Morrison's. The cleaning and laundry products are cheaper as well so you can make savings there.

I'm guessing you can make savings on the alcohol but I can't recommend anything because I'm not much of a drinker.

2015mom Sun 23-Apr-17 23:59:25

Thanks nurse buttercup very useful advise.

I may do the meal planning around the super 6 too.

Yeah I tried aldi's cleaning products like the anti bac spray and I didn't really like the smell so went back to Poundland/99p stores or the branded anti bac like flash/dettol which we do prefer.

I do get everything else from Aldi like the washing up liquid, detergent, softener, bleach, window cleaners etc lol they are all less than a £1 so much cheaper.

2015mom Mon 24-Apr-17 00:00:52

I have been getting the basic essential peppers and chopping and freezing them to save money - taste the same.

I don't think my husband is keen on long life milk which is a shame. Maybe I will try one for tea/coffee

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now