Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How to book Aladdin theatre tickets without paying a fortune?

(7 Posts)
iwishthiswaseasier Sat 22-Apr-17 10:29:56

We have wanted to see Aladdin for ages and the tickets are so expensive I've tried lots of different websites! Where is is best place to book?

Also has anyone been that could advise on the seating? As I'm not sure what seats to go for the stalls are mostly over £100 per ticket but you can get a couple at the side of the stalls for around £75. Not sure if the circle and grand circle will just be too far to see much confused

skippy67 Mon 24-Apr-17 16:57:54

Wait for Kidsweek. Under 16's go free with every full price paying adult. You have to be quick though. I imagine Aladdin will be one of the most popular shows. Another good event is West End live in Trafalgar Square. It's a held over a weekend and gives you excerpts from all the top West End musicals. And best of all, it's free!
www.westendlive.co.uk

Cremolafoam Mon 24-Apr-17 16:59:58

I'd advise always to go to the venue first. Check with their box office on availability.

EvilTwins Mon 24-Apr-17 17:04:12

I went last year and got tickets direct from the venue. We sat in the stalls, though were on the end of the row and got a great view.

ComingtoKent Mon 24-Apr-17 20:10:39

Have a look on theatremonkey.com - loads of info about the different seats and prices in all London theatres. Plus suggestions on the better value lower priced tickets. There are also promotions across the West End a couple of times a year where shows offer discounts or kids go free/cheaper. One of these is Get into London Theatre (January/February). The other one is Kids Week (although it actually applies to performances throughout August - kids go free with full-paying adult. Tickets for Kids Week 2017 go on sale on 13th
June so try to get in early. Good luck!

LonginesPrime Mon 24-Apr-17 20:27:13

Yes, if you're going to try for kids' week, you'll need to diarise it and aim to get online within the first few minutes to get exactly what you want - even then, it's not guaranteed, so I'd have a couple of backup options that you wouldn't mind seeing too (appreciate that doesn't help much in getting you into Aladdin!).

Jermajesty Mon 24-Apr-17 20:30:28

I went in one of the circles (not the very top one), sat in the middle of the row and the view was great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now