Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

possible invalid insurance

(4 Posts)
AngelEyes46 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:33:38

about 6 weeks ago, i had an accident where i hit another car. there is a possibility that he was rolling back so we agreed that we would not put it through our insurers. i reported it anyway but said that neither of us wanted to take it any further. the driver in the other car was a taxi driver. about 3 weeks ago, i received a letter from my insurers - they had received claims from 4 people who say they were in the taxi for i am assuming, whiplash. the driver did not wish to claim for any personal injury. i said that i could only remember seeing 1 person in the car and the impact was so minimal that i did not feel that there would be any claim and i was ok to go to court to verify this. i have received a further letter today - apparently i have not told my insurance company about 3 speeding fines - 2 in 2014, 1 in 2016. they are saying that my insurance may be invalid and i need to contact them within 7 days. does anyone know - whats the worst possible case and i suppose the best?

PurpleDaisies Thu 20-Apr-17 21:38:34

Did you forget to tell them about your speeding fines? I'm surprised they didn't ask you when you renewed your insurance.

The whiplash thing sounds rubbish. I had an accident (not my fault) and have had loads of calls encouraging me to claim for a bit of minor neck pain.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

AngelEyes46 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:52:23

it just renewed automatically so i didnt even think. i looked at my policy today and it does ask if i have had any fines and it is blank. i need to call them tomorrow but im really not sure what to say

AngelEyes46 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:00:22

has anyone got an idea about the speeding fines - will my insurance become invalid?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now