Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Universal credit help!!

(1 Post)
astarish Thu 20-Apr-17 20:49:36

I'm a 24 year old single mum to a 3 year old, working part time (16hours) as a receptionist. My manager today offered me a full time position (40hours) in a different role which I'd love to take.

I recently moved from tax credits to universal credit but cannot figure out if I'd be any better off working full time? Ive tried the calculator tools but getting two very different figures.

If I were to work 40 hours on £8.06 an hour, does anyone know if/what I'd be entitled to?
Rent + council tax = 500 a month

I get child benefit and don't receive any child maintenance. I wouldn't need childcare at the moment as there is a crèche at work.

I hope I don't come across as lazy, just wouldn't want to miss out on time with the little one if it wouldn't better us financially!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now