Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Debt

(3 Posts)
Shann95 Thu 20-Apr-17 19:42:43

Okay so I'm a new mum currently on maternity leave and I have about £5000 of debt that I got myself into before I got pregnant 😔 I'm struggling to make ends meet and honestly just don't know what to do. Has anyone been a similar situation or have any advice?

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Thu 20-Apr-17 19:58:15

Do you know how you got into so much debt? I mean do you understand where it went wrong and are you addressing that. I found it painful but helpful to underrrand where I went wrong when I was in debt. It helped going forward.

Are you paying it off? What type of debt is it?

Ellisandra Thu 20-Apr-17 21:13:56

If you can't make the repayments, then talk to a free charity like Stepchange immediately. They can go through your options.

If you can make payments but not easily and you need help to budget, try the Money Saving Expert forum, look for Debt Free Wannabe.

They say on there (and it's true!) that there is no debt that can't be sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now