Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

NatWest Mortgage application

(17 Posts)
LucyBate79 Thu 20-Apr-17 19:26:38

I am currently applying for a NatWest mortgage via a broker. The broker has just informed us that surveyor will be carrying a survey on Monday - is this a good sign? Would they bother with a survey if they didn't think our appplication was going to be successful, finding this very stressful!! Very different to we brought our current house 11 years ago !

Maggy74653 Fri 21-Apr-17 08:37:18

It is a good sign that the process is progressing but not a guarantee that you will get the mortgage.

poodles28 Mon 24-Apr-17 10:13:42

we have just submitted our application to Natwest via a broker too , so I will be watching this thread with interest. please keeps us updated on how you get on LucyBate79.

LucyBate79 Mon 24-Apr-17 12:43:46

poddles28 have you have any credit checks done l.

ALemonyPea Mon 24-Apr-17 12:48:01

We are in the process of getting a Natwest mortgage. We applied at the bank, they did the credit checks there, and the survey only gets booked in if you've passed and you're in the processing stage.

It took 13 days from application for us to get our mortgage offer, including the Easter weekend! Just waiting now for the solicitors to do their stuff.

Natwest have made it a very easy process so far.

LucyBate79 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:10:32

We are applying through via a broker - which I hope means the credit checks where done upon application.
I hope we now processing if the survey is been carried out today

ALemonyPea Mon 24-Apr-17 14:30:35

We put the application in on Friday, the valuation was done the following Thursday and offer by the Wednesday.

I used to work in mortgages and they wouldn't do the survey if you weren't credit checked and in processing.

LucyBate79 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:44:26

Thanks I just hope the survey goes ok, thanks for your reassurance

bambisims Mon 24-Apr-17 14:54:17

We have ours with NatWest, we went through a broker, they did the survey before asking for more details regarding our finances (we did get the mortgage but kept having to provide more details).

They will have done the credit checks but may still have further questions about your finances.

Hope that helps!!

poodles28 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:54:20

Yes we had a hard credit check done when we applied for AIP. And noticed NatWest have done another soft check when we submitted mortgage application. I have been keeping an eye on Equifax.

poodles28 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:58:44

LucyBates79 so has NatWest taken the valuation fee from your account now? Does anyone know when they will take the fee?

LucyBate79 Mon 24-Apr-17 15:05:44

The application was submitted on Thursday 13/04/17 - fee payment taken on Tues 18/04/17 (was over Easter weekend). I have heard the survey time can depend where you live we live in Birmingham so lots of surveyors around. Good Luck with it all - so stressful !!

LucyBate79 Tue 25-Apr-17 12:40:17

We got an offer today - so happy 😀

poodles28 Tue 25-Apr-17 13:53:43

Ohh congrats so happy for you 😊😀. So your next stop is solicitors 💃🏻💃🏻

We still waiting got a call from broker our valuation has not been booked yet, but we have an offer subject to valuation. So we still in the stress box 😭

LucyBate79 Tue 25-Apr-17 14:16:10

Fingers crossed

bambisims Tue 25-Apr-17 16:42:26

Fab!!

poodles28 Wed 26-Apr-17 18:51:07

After a whole day of chasing up legal and general finally got our valuation booked for tomorrow. The wait is killing me 😫

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now