Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Missed utility payment - remortgage application

(4 Posts)
ZeldaWasMyGransName Wed 19-Apr-17 10:52:10

Hello, hoping someone knowledgable is out there to give some quick advice.

A utility payment has somehow been overlooked for six months (direct debit cancelled in error). This mistake will not be happening again.

We will be remortgaging in six months, anyone know if we can get this removed from credit score now it's been paid and rectified, and how it might affect our application?

Also does anyone know how to find out everything that is associated with you so I can check there is nothing else that might have been missed? Is it a case of just looking at all the different credit reports?

TIA.

Rockchick1984 Wed 19-Apr-17 12:51:51

A utility payment will not automatically show up on your credit file, have you checked if there is anything showing at present?

ZeldaWasMyGransName Wed 19-Apr-17 15:26:30

There is unfortunately - that's how I found out about it. Credit score is currently very low as a result. Have called company and paid (of course) but don't know how much of a difference that will make sad

redandwhite1 Mon 24-Apr-17 22:29:38

It will stay there and have an effect for 3 years I think
However if it's 6+ months old it won't effect you as much

When we applied for our mortgage it highlighted missed payments for my husband on a closed credit card, as it was their fault it got removed from his credit rating but if it's your fault you've not paid it it'll have to stay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now