Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Please help I'm worried sick and helpless

(4 Posts)
Stripesandsprinkles Mon 17-Apr-17 19:57:00

I'm 24 with a 6 year old daughter and I split up with her dad 3years ago round about the same time my mum split up with my dad at this point my mum begged me to get a place with her so she wasn't alone so i did my ex stayed in our house and i moved in with my mum but in the last year or 2 she has totally changed mood swings and total irrational behaviour it can't be menopause because she went through that years ago she is 64 but we haven't been getting on recently and it's all came to boiling point and she's told me and my daughter we have to leave The house is in her name but I've been splitting all the bills with her since the second we got the house together! I work full time but I also pay child care for my daughter and all my bills my credits also not great because my ex was a gambling addict and took loads of wonga loans out over the computer in my name what are my options here? If I want to private rent I need a deposit which is usually around £700 which I don't just have lying around is thr any fast ways of making money anyone can think of? Please any advice would be amazing I'm worried sick

CaulkheadNorth Mon 17-Apr-17 20:00:11

If he left 3 years ago your credit won't be too bad by now.

Have you spoken to the CAB? They are brilliant. Does your work offer flexi hours so you can take your daughter out of her childcare for a bit?

ineedamoreadultieradult Mon 17-Apr-17 20:03:58

I understand the house is in her name but have you explained to her you cant move out without a deposit for somewhere new. She might offer to pay the full bills until you have the £700 saved even if its just to get rid of you. Also CAB is a good starting point.

Babyroobs Mon 17-Apr-17 20:28:20

Speak to your local council. Some local authorities have a scheme whereby they lend you the deposit for a private let which you then pay back over a period of time.
Then you need to apply for housing benefit.
Also go to CAB, ask them to do a full benefit check.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: