Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

tax credits question

(3 Posts)
hmmwhatatodo Sat 15-Apr-17 23:31:24

Hello, slightly confused so would appreciate some guidance! I have my p60 showing my earnings for the year. Its a few hundred over what I expected to earn. Last year tax credits wrote to say how much they would pay me blah blah and asked that when I know how much I will have earned I should let them know so they can make sure I dont have an overpayment the following year (as in from now really). I called and got stuck in a queue directing me to use their online service. I have tried to do this. I just want to write the figure as shown on my p60 but there is nowhere to do this (or maybe I just cant see it). There is only a space to show my estimation of what I will earn by the end of this new tax year ending in 2018. Do I now need to ring and tell them? When I look at the site online it shows that HMRC have actually already received details of the amount I earned this year so should I assume tax credits already know or is this a separate dept that knows, and not tax credits? Sorry for the waffle, why cant it just be straight forward?? I am not self employed by the way.

anyadviceplease78 Sun 16-Apr-17 09:50:31

I'm in a similar situation, so no advice just place marking - have you had your renewal through?

hmmwhatatodo Sun 16-Apr-17 10:47:04

Hi, no not yet. I seem to remember it being more like June last year. Felt quite late. How about you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now