Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

car finance... can i get out of it?

(5 Posts)
Tillymintsmama Mon 10-Apr-17 23:20:00

Basically ive got "buyers remorse", hate the bloody car and I'm only 4 months into a PCP deal for a brand new car. I wish I'd just bought a 2nd hand one. I have heard of "voluntary termination"...Is this the only way out of it?

Ellisandra Tue 11-Apr-17 07:03:07

The details will be in your contract.
You should be able to end it early, but you will have to pay back the negative equity. As the largest depreciation is when you drive a brand new car away, that's going to be big. You should be able to contact them to find out how much.

BarbaraofSeville Tue 11-Apr-17 10:24:51

Normally you can only send it back once you've paid half the agreement, so a long way off yet unfortunately.

You could always talk to the dealer to see if you can swap to another car but I don't know if this is possible and would expect that it would be costly.

19lottie82 Tue 11-Apr-17 10:42:45

Check your contract, but as advised the norm is you can only cancel penalty free after half the term.

Tillymintsmama Tue 11-Apr-17 16:31:09

Thanks, I'm not sure I'm reading contract right. It appears after I've paid 50%, I.e. in Feb 2018 I could give car back. Ah well... worse things happen at sea. Never buying a new car again!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now