Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child benefit

(2 Posts)
Racmactac Mon 10-Apr-17 10:34:16

My dhs 16 ds has just moved in with us.
Dh is going to put in a claim for child benefit, if mum disputes where child is living what happens.
How can we prove she is living with us? There wouldn't be a court order as she is 16 and if mum lies how will they make a decision?

Babyroobs Mon 10-Apr-17 13:17:14

They might need evidence. They might look at the address where she is registered for school, dentist, Drs etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: