Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Just received an email from 02 saying my bill comes to £200

(8 Posts)
whataboutbob Fri 07-Apr-17 19:56:02

And my provider is Tesco. It invites me to click on a link to view the bill.The email is sent from Germany and starts with - "Good daytime Whataboutbob". Not very convincing, although weirdly I only noticed that on 4th reading. My mind was focused on the £200. My usual bill is £25pcm.
I was worried for a few minutes then realised it was a scam. Still, I could easily have fallen for it and clicked in a panic.
Is there anywhere I can report this to?

DeathByMascara Fri 07-Apr-17 19:57:04

Sounds like a phishing scam, try looking on the O2 website for how to report this sort of thing.

BurningGubbins Fri 07-Apr-17 19:58:22

I had one of these to my work email this week, but I've never given that address to O2 (I'm with them). I just blocked the sender, but maybe I should have reported it.

EyeStye Fri 07-Apr-17 19:58:57

Have a look on action fraud website think you can forward scam emails to them

EnidClowes Fri 07-Apr-17 19:59:30

Friend had the same one today and he's not with O2 either. I second that there ought to be somewhere to report on the O2 website.

EnidClowes Fri 07-Apr-17 20:00:12

www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/fraud-and-phishing-advice

VimFuego101 Fri 07-Apr-17 20:01:46

I got one of these today as well, I don't even live in the U.K. 😂 I wanted to take a red pen to it and correct all the spelling mistakes.

whataboutbob Fri 07-Apr-17 20:06:47

Wow lots of responses. Vim I felt the same! - my mum was an English teacher. The poor syntax is blatant. I'm going to report to 02. Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now