Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What does next week's shopping list look like for you?

(7 Posts)
OrangeIsTheNewPop Thu 06-Apr-17 14:05:54

It's the start of the Easter hols next week for us. I always struggle to come up with ideas for both lunch AND dinner.

Inspire me, please? My DC love making homemade pasta atm (don't ask) so a few ideas for pasta would be great, too.

DD9, and DS5. DH t eat with us in the evenings and take a packed lunch/leftovers Mon/Fri.

I have an egg allergy, hate cooked cheese, will eat meat occasionally (I'm the fussy one 😂).

Does anyone want to help me write a shopping liat? I could do with options for pack-up food in case we decide to take lunch to the park etc.

I could also do with it being aa low budget as possible. Not uber-skint, but I'd like to budget for extra bus fare etc on an already lean week.

TIA

Turquoisetamborine Thu 06-Apr-17 14:10:58

Spinach and ricotta cannelloni with salad and garlic bread

Puff pastry tart with whatever cheese needs used up, goats cheese, mozzarella etc, roasted veg and pesto

Homemade butternut squash ravioli with toasted pine nuts and crispy pancetta served with salad

Soup of some sort (maybe cheese and broccoli)

OrangeIsTheNewPop Thu 06-Apr-17 14:12:35

Yummy- thank you!

OrangeIsTheNewPop Thu 06-Apr-17 14:14:39

Turquoise I know it's a dumb question- but does a puff pastry tart have eggs in it?

Rainybo Thu 06-Apr-17 18:30:51

You could do stuffed peppers? With rice and other vegetables. I usually put cheese in mine, but you could get away with not doing that.

Then use similar vegetables (pepper, mushrooms, onions, aubergine etc.) to make a vegetable lasagne. I sometimes make this with just white sauce and breadcrumbs on top and no cheese. You could make double to pop another meal in the freezer.

Soup is another good one. Butternut squash is 49p in Aldi at the moment, you could make some lovely soup out of that.

I get several meals out of a roast chicken, but you might not fancy that if you're not a big meat eater.

You could make some savoury scones? These go well in picnic type lunches and are a bit different to sandwiches. I also like making lentil/quinoa fish salads that can be eaten cold, but I'm not sure from your post if you like fish.

Bean salad? I make a big one of those to go with tacos or tortillas and DD takes the rest to school on her packed lunch with a bread roll.

delilahbucket Thu 06-Apr-17 18:43:10

I always buy a gammon joint for sandwiches. I get a big one. Boil it with bay leaves and peppercorns. Freeze half and cut off whatever is needed for sandwiches. DS likes it with coleslaw and lettuce and then I cut up a carrot to go on the side.
Homemade flapjack always goes down a treat for puddings/snacks.
DS also likes cheese and spaghetti hoops on toast for lunch (leave the cheese off yours?)

OrangeIsTheNewPop Thu 06-Apr-17 19:15:20

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now