Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

EU Citizen - Mortgage

(3 Posts)
yummycake123 Sat 01-Apr-17 23:56:55

I'm a EU citizen (have been in the UK for 16 years). OH is British, we aren't married, have a DS together. I work full time and support the family, OH is a SAHD.
We're planning on buying a house this year; the mortgage application would be based on my salary only. I'm worried that with Brexit the banks will be difficult and not lend us money. I spoke with a mortgage advisor/bank last year, but A50 has since been triggered so I'm not sure if that will change things.
Any EU citizens who have got a mortgage recently? Was the process difficult?

MongerTruffle Mon 03-Apr-17 22:42:06

I am an EU citizen living in the UK. We bought a new build last September. It was quite easy for us to get a mortgage. Until the UK actually leaves the EU, citizens from other EU countries are in almost all cases treated as British citizens.

VacantExpression Tue 04-Apr-17 11:45:32

YY MongerTruffle is right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now