Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

6 weeks and no viewings

(13 Posts)
PoppyMegan Sat 01-Apr-17 15:18:13

Hi
We put our house on the market 6 weeks ago and zero viewings. We reduced the asking price by £25k and another Estate Agent has told us our asking price is now about right.
Our Estate Agent says it's down to Brexit and the buyers are not out there but I drive past sold signs every day.
Does anyone have any insight on what's going on with the property market?
Many Thanks

specialsubject Sat 01-Apr-17 15:30:39

I'm afraid that no viewings means over priced, something bad near or opposite or something horrible in the listing.

witwootoodleoo Sat 01-Apr-17 15:40:35

Pop over to the property board, NC if necessary and give us a link to the details and we'll tell you why you're not getting any viewings smile

Babyroobs Sat 01-Apr-17 15:47:24

My Fil's house ( London) has been on the market over a year and only 3 viewings despite price reduction.

happypoobum Sun 02-Apr-17 16:33:16

Are the photos good? Do you have a yooneek decorating style? No parking?

6 weeks with no viewings does sound a bit odd......

Viviennemary Sun 02-Apr-17 17:11:59

You would expect to have had a couple of viewing in the first few weeks on themarket. But not knowing how it compares with other houses in the area it's hard to give an opinion as to why the lack of interested folk. I agree that people are sitting tight at the moment as they don't know what effect Brexit is going to have on the property market, or even their jobs and finances in general. Is it high end or lower end price wise?

70ontheinside Sun 02-Apr-17 17:14:07

I have noticed quite a marked drop in prices around here and a lot of houses reduced and on the market for ages...

purplecoathanger Sun 02-Apr-17 17:17:47

It's either the wrong price or badly advertised. How does it look on Right Move? Many houses for sale these days appear like shiny show houses. What are the photos like? Is there a floor plan included?

Don't be afraid to badger the estate agents for better photos and a better advert.

If everything is done correctly you should be getting viewings.

JaneEyre70 Sun 02-Apr-17 17:22:02

I'd take a good look around what else is in your area on rightmove.com and see what you are competing with. And ask someone like a friend if they can be honest with your photos etc. Sometimes we don't see everyday clutter or things that would put someone else off our home. Or it may be too tidy and not looked lived in!! I'd also look at another agent, as normally they drive you mad in the first few weeks dragging people through.

EssentialHummus Sun 02-Apr-17 17:27:13

Link please? Price or poor photos will do it.

EssentialHummus Sun 02-Apr-17 17:27:48

PS - we have an agent nearby who sticks "Sold" signs on anything, it may not be an indication of things actually sold.

TreeTop7 Sun 02-Apr-17 20:00:56

Brexit could be a convenient excuse for agent incompetence.

I'd definitely post a link to it on the property topic. You'll get good candid opinions there.

Kiroro Mon 03-Apr-17 13:48:46

Post a link in the property section - you'll get some good advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: