Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What info do employers give to the hmrc

(4 Posts)
Rachelly123 Thu 30-Mar-17 22:15:02

Evening all... I wonder if anyone has any knowledge on this query... I am long overdue a pay review which I am told is happening next month. I am expecting a decent rise... 10k ish.

last week I received my tax code which didn't seem quite right... I called hmrc and they advised me that my projected income for next year was a figure 20k higher than it currently is... I laughed at this and asked them to amend it... At the time I didn't think to question where that figure came from.... Do employers update the hmrc when they give a pay rise? And could this be my employers who have updated this figure?? Or just another hmrc error! ...

Many thanks

argon18 Thu 30-Mar-17 22:21:38

Most probably a HMRC cock up. They should have been able to tell you where they got that info from. I speak to HMRC almost daily at work and I'm still surprised at how little common sense they have. If a computer tells them to do something, they do it regardless of how ridiculous it might seem.

Ta1kinPeace Fri 31-Mar-17 17:57:04

HMRC talking utter trash (again)

topcat2014 Sun 02-Apr-17 10:17:56

Employers do not advise future earnings, just actuals. One off payments could lead to Hmrc extrapolating wrongly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now