Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Childcare vouchers

(5 Posts)
yummycake123 Thu 30-Mar-17 09:30:27

I currently get childcare vouchers through work. DS is stopping nursery in June so I won't need the vouchers after that (he starts school in September).
Is it worth me keeping my voucher account open? Can you pay for after school clubs or school activities with vouchers?
I know the scheme is changing and vouchers won't be available soon, so I'm wondering if I should keep getting them.

wickerlampshade Thu 30-Mar-17 14:54:38

I'll be in the same boat soon. going to keep them open and just take £10 or so a month to stay in the scheme. lots of holiday schemes round here take them.

AndKnowItsSeven Fri 31-Mar-17 16:33:22

Vouchers will be available for a good few years and yes you can use them for holiday clubs etc.

Moanyoldcow Mon 03-Apr-17 22:52:44

You can use for before/after school activities and holiday clubs. Just remember they aren't refundable so don't build up an amount you aren't able to spend.

redandwhite1 Wed 05-Apr-17 21:15:08

Look into the cost of it now and you can always decrease the amount you pay in?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now