Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Three Mobile - charged £169.70 this month

(5 Posts)
mumma24 Mon 27-Mar-17 15:09:50

Hi, I've have been charged £169.70 on my sons phone for going over his limit of 600 mins a month (mainly long calls talking to friends (as his Xbox chat wasn't working) Can't get the money back from three. This should have been capped when I took out the contract but looks like it's not. anyone have any experience/advice on this, much appreciated.

LemonSqueezy0 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:43:23

Do you mean 'I should have capped it, oops " or, it's in the contract that it's capped?

19lottie82 Tue 28-Mar-17 08:59:31

As far as I know, Three don't offer capped contracts? Do you mean you should have looked into getting it capped, or the person that sold you the deal said it would be capped? If the latter, Do you have this in writing?

If no, then there's not a lot you can do here I'm afraid. Your best hope is to call them up be very VERY nice and see if they change do anything as a "goodwill gesture".

I don't mean to sound patronising but this is the reason why it's very rarely a good idea to give kids phone contracts. Did your son not realise he had a limited number of minutes so "long chats" were going to work out expensive?

littleflowershop Sun 02-Apr-17 13:13:05

Three do offer capped contracts - our mother in laws phone is capped so she cannot go over the allowance which is the main reason we took out the contract last year.

Have you checked the paperwork you received when you took out the phone?

Theresnonamesleft Sun 02-Apr-17 13:23:37

Check your paperwork. Three have been capping for years, if i iirc it's something you have to request. When I was paying for my D.C.'s I capped theirs.
He would have also known it was going over as they constantly text when you have run out.
Also introduce him to WhatsApp. Although surprised he doesn't know about this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now