Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MLM Bot Watch 28 - The Yazoo iis past iits use by date, but we have a massive #lardon: Tragiicomic cultiic wampum floggiing scamalangadiingdongs liike Forever Living, Ariix, Herbalife, Younique, Jui

(925 Posts)
MyCatsHateMLMtoo Wed 22-Mar-17 06:32:14

PREVIOUS THREAD HERE,

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/a2821327-MLM-Bot-Watch-27-The-Yazoo-iis-past-iits-use-by-date-but-we-have-a-massive-lardon-Tragiicomic-cultiic-wampum-floggiing-scamalangadiingdongs-liike-Forever-Living-Ariix-Herbalife-Younique-Juice?msgid=67778869#67778869

Lets keep monitoring these pesky MLMs, shining a light on their nefarious activities, and supporting bots who realise the truth and need support.

BethanyBarleywater Wed 22-Mar-17 07:19:13

Can someone please PM me Top Coffee Bot and Liverpool Bot?

SSDGM Wed 22-Mar-17 09:19:44

I would like to know too, please!
So I've heard Salon Bot's fiancé does not take well to her being slagged off and has a habit of messaging those who criticise her. He would only know this if he read Timeless Vie. Hello, crypto currency man! I'm glad you can sleep at night!

I met someone at a party a while ago and my bot- detector went a bit mad, which I confirmed with Facebook the next day. She's a 3 carat Acti labs ambassador or something so I had a look at their compensation plan to see how that worked.

actilabsbeauty.wordpress.com/compensation-plan/

Clear as mud and also everso slightly "pyramid-y" if you look carefully...

cozietoesie Wed 22-Mar-17 11:16:47

Many thanks, MyCats.smile

acatcalledjohn Wed 22-Mar-17 11:20:48

Just checking in. Thanks MyCats!

MarchEliza Wed 22-Mar-17 11:33:02

Hello. I am a longtime lurker on the MLM threads which I find at once terrifying and highly entertaining.

I am, like most here very familiar with all the Forever and Unique nonsense, however am also noticing a slightly different strain coming in, in the form of these cryptocurrency thingies.

I understand that certain crypto currencies, most notably BitCoin are genuine and legitimate- but new ones appear to be appearing all the time and I'm unsure how the MLM-type schemes that seem to crop up around them work.

Also, as if by magic an acquaintance of mine (driving instructor actually) recently started banging on about something called "rev share" - encouraging me to get involved with something called Traffic Monsoon. A bit of Google research soon had alarm bells ringing and clearly I'm NOT going down this route.

I saw particularly that TM is now frozen as PayPal believe it to be a Ponzi scheme. I mentioned this to my driving instructor on our next lesson but he reassured me that all was well and the money would soon be released making everyone millionaires...

So does anyone no what all this new crap is?? It seems to be MLM without even the veneer of products so how is it not just flagged as a pyramid scheme??

MarchEliza Wed 22-Mar-17 11:33:29

Sorry that was long blush

Spongebobette Wed 22-Mar-17 11:53:04

Oh I've noticed a lot of those crypto currency things around too Eliza
It's very difficult to get your head round.
I sent an enquiry to a bot to try to find out more and got this reply. Summed up I think it means 'magic beans, smoke and mirrors, look over there, there's a squirrel'

I'm earning 21% a month in my savings.

I will give you a brief overview of cryptocurrency

The first cryptocurrency is called Bitcoin and it was introduced in 2008. People bought 1 Bitcoin back then for 8 cents and today 1 Bitcoin is worth over $1,000. Bitcoin is a recognised currency you can use all over the world.

There are now about 700 different cryptocurrencies and the company that I'm with is called EDinar. When a cryptocurrency launches they state how many coins they are going to produce and the process is called mining.
The way I understand it is that computers solve algorithms and when one is solved a coin is produced. Bitcoin are mining 21 million and EDinar are going to mine 999 trillion coins and want to be the most traded currency in the world.
The way it works for us is a bit like opening a savings account online. We can buy as many coins as we like and we purchase them from the person that introduces us to the business. They cost $1 each (81p) usually but at the moment we can get the cheaper at just 50p per coin.
We then need to do a daily task of transferring 1 coin to someone with another account and they send it back or if you have multiple accounts you can coin swap between your accounts. As a reward for doing this, EDinar increase our coin balance by 0.65% daily, which is around 21% a month.
You can withdraw some of all of your coins back into £, €,$ or any currency you want at anytime and you also get more bonuses if you introduce the company to others, but this is optional.
I have a Facebook group with lots of videos and information so if you would like to learn more, let me know and I will add you. Xx

Teacupinastorm Wed 22-Mar-17 14:38:57

I've just seen something at work and immediately thought of this thread.

I've been sent a delegate list for an event I'm attending tomorrow, and this is on there...

'Live My Dream - Forever Living business owner operating in the Health and Well being sector, incorporation sports and weight management'

I'm going to get sat next to them aren't I.

grin

cozietoesie Wed 22-Mar-17 14:43:37

The trouble with cryptocurrencies is that, as I understand it, there are a few valid schemes and an awful lot of plain scammers who rely on lots of big words and people's greed for easy profit. It's not one I would risk unless I had seriously done my homework and knew what I was getting into. You could easily lose the farm on them.

As I said, as I understand it.

cozietoesie Wed 22-Mar-17 14:44:59

I'm afraid you likely are, Teacup. Are you ready for the experience? grin

cozietoesie Wed 22-Mar-17 14:47:20

Sponge

Bet you she hasn't tried to withdraw any money yet. wink

Flutteringkites Wed 22-Mar-17 14:50:26

Summed up I think it means 'magic beans, smoke and mirrors, look over there, there's a squirrel'

grin That make tea come out of my nose!

Spongebobette Wed 22-Mar-17 15:12:57

cozie I asked her that and she said she'd withdrawn a little bit just to see if the system works but otherwise was leaving her money in

It's so clearly a scam

MrsGotobed Wed 22-Mar-17 15:20:06

Teacup - I think this should be your strategy

Spongebobette Wed 22-Mar-17 15:20:33

I think she might have her cherry analogies mixed up 😳

"It does take a while to get your head around it. Have a little look on YouTube on understanding cryptocurrency, that helped me loads. Those who invested in Bitcoin when it was 8 cents a coin are now multimillionaires. We all missed that back in 2008 and this seems like a 2nd pop at the cherry. Xx"

cozietoesie Wed 22-Mar-17 15:29:58

So she withdrew a few quid to 'see if the system works' and is now deeply, deeply reassured? (And has left the rest in the scheme so that she can mentally stroke the 'figure' every night.) Words almost fail me.

Spongebobette Wed 22-Mar-17 15:48:26

It's self delusion par excellence

Spongebobette Wed 22-Mar-17 15:49:17

Oh and 999 TRILLION coins????

MyCatsHateMLMtoo Wed 22-Mar-17 15:54:54

Yet again, they really should pause to wonder where all this magical money if actually coming from. Themselves, as it happens, so a lot of people are going to lose, ultimately.

cozietoesie Wed 22-Mar-17 16:06:31

Ask her why she wants you to join? Just that. Simple question. wink

Spongebobette Wed 22-Mar-17 16:11:45

Well to be fair I contacted her first Cozie, I'd come across her while snooping on Liverpool bot and his contacts

Spongebobette Wed 22-Mar-17 16:18:33

It's this kind which made me laugh out loud. In reality it means 'send money up the pyramid'

We can buy as many coins as we like and we purchase them from the person that introduces us to the business.

Spongebobette Wed 22-Mar-17 16:18:53

* line not kind!

cozietoesie Wed 22-Mar-17 16:33:32

You contacted her, Sponge. So was this 'dump' her first real message? (I say 'dump' because she doesn't understand what she's talking about, poor woman. I do hope she's not into the scheme for too much - for her sake.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now