Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Debt relief order and going to uni

(4 Posts)
Moneyhelpneeded2017 Sun 19-Mar-17 16:46:34


I'm just looking for some advice please. Dh is looking at possibly doing a DRO via Stepchange, as they've advised this may be the best option for him. However, he is looking at going back to uni in September (trying to look to the future to be able to get higher paid job), so would this affect the DRO at all? I'm thinking in terms of him getting the grant to study and student loans. Thanks

MakeJam Mon 20-Mar-17 08:33:15

The best people to ask would be the advisors at StepChange. They are very knowledgeable.

Becca19962014 Mon 20-Mar-17 11:08:34

Grants don't exist anymore - those who qualified get a higher loan. You mention going back to uni, is this after a year out? Or has he already got degree level qualifications? If he has degree level qualifications he won't get anything to do another - he'll need to self fund. Just in case he's thinking of a masters, the masters loan is only for those living in England.

Becca19962014 Mon 20-Mar-17 11:12:48

CAB info on DRO

You can't borrow more than £500.

I posted above too soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now