Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Maternity money question

(5 Posts)
Aine15 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:48:47

Can anyone help? We moved back to Ireland in the summer and I've struggled to get a job. I started working 2 weeks ago for an agency supporting a student at college and make £123.75 a week, this is only during term time. Anyway I really want to have a 2nd child, my LG is 18 months now. But I can't afford to go back to having no income so my question is if I was to get pregnant would I be entitled to anything when on Maternity? Any help greatly appreciated x

delilahbucket Mon 20-Mar-17 22:50:06

Don't have another child until you are financially stable. There's your solution.

lightcola Mon 20-Mar-17 22:54:38

You may be entitled to maternity allowance but I don't know thr details. Google it and you should find an online calculator.

Peanut14 Mon 20-Mar-17 23:28:35

What country have you moved back from? An EU country? and did you pay the equivalent of PRSI there? If so you may be entitled to the state benefit

If not, you need to be working for 39 consecutive weeks before taking maternity leave in Ireland.

All the info here
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/socialwelfare/sociall_welfarepayments/sociall_welfarepaymentss_tofamiliess_andchildren/maternityy_benefit.html#l1f4da

PlaymobilPirate Mon 20-Mar-17 23:32:28

You can't afford a 2nd child at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now