Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Help / advice needed

(6 Posts)
user1489438529 Mon 13-Mar-17 21:04:27

Hi All,
Where do I start! My 11 year old has 'borrowed ' 3 of my credit cards and .. stored the details on PlayStation and shall we say, ran up a huge debt..
The credit card companies won't help.. PlayStation are saying that it's been used against purchases in the game so they have nothing to refund..
I'm at my whits end as too which way to go next..
anyone ever had anything like this happen to them? Thanks

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Mon 13-Mar-17 21:05:32

Sell his PS to get you your cash back. .

user1489438529 Mon 13-Mar-17 21:06:30

That's already gone.. as has tv!

MissJC Mon 13-Mar-17 21:10:00

Sounds like there isn't anything you can do, in the eyes of the PS store they have sold goods and said goods have been used (plus all digital content is non-refundable once downloaded) and the CC company wont usually do anything unless a crime has been committed.
Im intrigued to know how much he has ran up? God I would strangle DD. My DP is bad enough buying bloody games!

Violetcharlotte Mon 13-Mar-17 21:12:49

This happened to my friend. I don't think there's anything you can do to get the money back (she did try). I bet you're fuming!

My friend made her son pay the money back by doing jobs - cleaning the car, etc. Doesn't really help you as you'll still be lumped the bill, but if may help him see the error of his ways!! Bloody kids!

Divine2014 Mon 13-Mar-17 21:18:19

..... Thanks all.. yes, I'm so cross.. if it was a couple of hundred I could live with it , but sadly it's not and has left me a muddle!
Kids eh !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now