Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Student loans employment details - mat leave

(3 Posts)
lampfromikea Sat 04-Mar-17 12:16:06

Not sure if anyone can answer this.

Why would the SLC have no employment details for me despite still being currently employed by the same employer? I'm on mat leave but does that make a difference?

I've now got the non-compliance rate added to my loan (and patronised by the call centre worker and told to "always keep an eye on correspondence" despite telling him I hadn't had any previous letters angry) until I update my details.

Does anyone know why I would suddenly be listed as unemployed/have no employment details?

lampfromikea Sat 04-Mar-17 12:17:26

The only thing I can think of is that as soon as I went on mat leave, the school I work at changed from local authority control to an academy. Therefore my employer changed. But I would have thought they'd update this??

smu06set Sat 04-Mar-17 19:04:37

Depends - if you have exhausted all your paid maternity before the school became an academy then it is possibke you werent transferred over. However if you are still being paid then yes they should have automatically updated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now