Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What's this bank payment?

(4 Posts)
PeanutButterLips Fri 03-Mar-17 15:10:36

Can anybody shed some light on what's happened to my bank account today.
I have been paid my monthly wage and filled in a pay query at work due to not being paid the full amount of hours I have done.
However, I checked online banking 30 mins ago and have had money put in my bank.
It is coming up as PCM55CI and then a lot of numbers, also coming up as a CHAPS/international payment.
I rang work but payroll line was engaged so waiting for a call back but if it isn't my work who could it be?
I will ring my bank if it isn't work who paid into account. My usual pay from work comes up with the name of company as the reference.
I bank with Natwest.
Anyone else experienced this? If it's not work I can't think who the money's come from as I'm not expecting it.
Thanks

Moanyoldcow Fri 03-Mar-17 15:12:39

If your company has made a same day payment this could be a CHAPS payment. Sounds likely it's work putting in an additional payment.

NotAQueef Fri 03-Mar-17 15:23:41

IS the amount you received roughly the amount you were owed by your work?

PeanutButterLips Fri 03-Mar-17 16:02:57

Work rang back it is a payment from them. But it's still not the full amount which is why I was confused.
So will need to speak to them again regarding the rest.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now