Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

New tax credit claim

(11 Posts)
needadvice17 Thu 02-Mar-17 21:19:32

Had to make a new tax credit claim because of a change in circumstances. I had an online account for checking tax credits but when my original claim got cancelled my account said 'we can't deal with your account online' and I've just checked it for an update to see if my claim has been finalised and now my online account says 'your not getting any tax credits please contact us if you think your eligible'
Has my claim been cancelled? Why would it suddenly say this?

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Thu 02-Mar-17 21:28:10

It'll say that before your new claim is active, mine did for ages. How long ago did you do the new claim?

needadvice17 Thu 02-Mar-17 21:42:13

I made the claim 2 weeks ago but it's 5 weeks since I've not had a payment due to having to fill out a form and send it back through the post. Post took forever to receive and send back forms

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Thu 02-Mar-17 22:29:40

It might take a little while.. Mine was an entirely new claim, and took bloody ages. Hopefully yours will be quicker... I waited ages, rang, and was told it was being investigated. hmm

As you've not had a payment, definitely give them a call.

needadvice17 Thu 02-Mar-17 22:33:25

Why was your claim investigated? I hope mine doesn't take long

needadvice17 Fri 03-Mar-17 13:46:33

So just checked my account and my claim has been sorted but they have based my award for the rest of this financial year based on my partners wages from 2015-2016 but I wasn't with my partner then I was claiming income support up until 06 Feb 2017 so why are they basing it on that. Also they put down that he earns 25000 when he didn't lol he earns nothing near that so out payments are reduced by half now because the based my award for this year in him earning 26000 ( ye right ) when he only earns 19000 and he only moved in 4 weeks ago and we only have 2 months left of the financial year... what do I do?

needadvice17 Fri 03-Mar-17 13:48:35

So I haven't got the correct backdated money for the last 4 weeks because of this wrong income put down

AndNowItsSeven Sat 04-Mar-17 11:30:10

It doesn't matter if you were claiming IS because as a joint claim your partners income from that time is added whether you were with him then or not.

samanthajayne17 Sat 04-Mar-17 11:37:45

But he earnt more in 2014-2016 than he has done this year 2016-2017 so we haven't physically got his income from that year. The income they have is wrong anyway but the new figure he has earnt from 2014-2016 is more than he has earnt this year. When I do the renewal for the actual income of 2016-2017 then there will be a big under payment because of that.

samanthajayne17 Sat 04-Mar-17 11:38:35

And he only earnt more in that year due to overtime that he hasn't done this year

AndNowItsSeven Sat 04-Mar-17 15:06:11

Yes it's based on previous tax year. If is more than £2.5k difference you can ask for an in year calculation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: