Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Reclaiming ppi

(6 Posts)
Flumpernickel Thu 02-Mar-17 10:59:47

Hope someone can offer me some advice,
I know that you can claim back PPI for free by using mse templates and checking credit history etc, but it looks complicated and alot of effort to go back as far as 98/99 to find out details which I no longer have.

As I am humongously lazy blush and would prefer to just get it all done in one go with minimal time and effort, can anyone recommend me a good reclaiming company that are really good but wont rip me off? Happy to pay fees, but not more than necessary IYSWIM.

Flumpernickel Fri 03-Mar-17 13:40:31

Bump

LemonSqueezy0 Sat 04-Mar-17 16:25:02

Write to the companies you believe owe you a refund and ask them for the details. My bank told me all the relevant account numbers and then I claimed back from them. Well worth doing. grin

Flumpernickel Sat 04-Mar-17 17:37:09

Thanks!
Even as far back as the late 90/00'sthough? For example I had an egg card (big balance) between 2001-2004, but no paperwork, but egg dont exist anymore, so wouldnt know where to start with that! It just all seems a bit daunting when I dont have the old paperwork or account numbers anymore, so was kind of thinking that one of these companies might be able to get the info more easily for me? Unless there is a way to get this info easily.

ShatnersBassoon Sat 04-Mar-17 17:41:40

Egg doesn't exist, but claims are still being dealt with by their parent company (Canada Square Operations).

It's all very easy to Google if you're keen to make claims. You'd be better off putting in the small amount of legwork yourself though, rather than giving a hefty percentage to someone doing nothing you can't do yourself.

ImperialBlether Sun 05-Mar-17 18:12:51

It's really easy to do.

Just write and say you had an account (give a rough time period) and you want to know whether they charged PPI (use the MSE template for this.) They will have to reply and will tell you whether you did pay it or not. Shortly afterwards, you should get the money back. Don't give it away to one of those companies - that's all they're going to do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now