Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can I get cash refund for services/credit notes?

(3 Posts)
Creditnote Mon 27-Feb-17 14:15:53

Not very exciting, but my dc have swimming lessons that we pay for by direct debit. If the lesson is cancelled by them, they issue a credit note. I can't put this against future lessons because they won't reduce dd so it has to be used against another activity. If the other activity comes to less than the credit note then they won't give change so I'm paying over the odds for an activity I don't really want to be doing, I'm just trying to use the credit note! Does anyone know if I can argue that I should get a 'cash' refund for cancelled lessons or if I can at least get change on credit notes? PATYIA

Moanyoldcow Mon 27-Feb-17 20:57:27

This is extremely poor management. They can certainly reduce the DD and they choose not to which is to your detriment.

You should definitely be refunded. I hate stupid inflexible nonsense like this - it's so easy to change a DD.

Lilypurple Tue 28-Feb-17 23:26:44

We get money refunded for cancelled lessons put straight into our bank accounts. It's better for them to keep the money by offering another activity but really not very fair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now