Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Refund of Childcare Vouchers

(4 Posts)
antimatter Mon 27-Feb-17 13:43:05

My kids are long past the age when I have to pay any childcare. I recently realised I have some money left over in childcare vouchers scheme.
Is there any way I can claim them back?

I found this note:
Under normal circumstances no refunds are made to employees. If exceptional circumstances prevent the refund being applied to the employer, the employee concerned must declare the returned funds to HMRC and sign an agreement to do that.

Has anyone been successful caliming them back?

TBH if I can't get them back I wouldn't mind donating them to a good cause.

jackieeee Mon 27-Feb-17 15:05:51

When my dd finished nursery i had a months worth left over (£243 i think it was) i transferred them to the nursery and they refunded the cash to me. Not sure they would do that now if it was a while since your children left

Ilovewillow Mon 27-Feb-17 15:10:38

You can have them paid back to your employer who will pay the sum back to you after deducting the tax and NI which you benefitted from in the first instance. If you have changed employers I'm not sure but I would suggest contact voucher provider for further advice if you have moved or they are very old.

antimatter Mon 27-Feb-17 15:30:41

thanks Ilovewillow, I'll ask my current employers for help then

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: