Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Electricity

(2 Posts)
Clairebear2012 Sun 26-Feb-17 09:55:27

Hi everyone.new to this. I'm with Scottish power, my presents payment meter is telling me I'm 5.76 in debt with electric.i have no emergency . Will it go off today? Still on now :/ I have tried calling them etc. I don't get paid till tomorrow and got a disabled child. Some company's don't switch people off on a weekend

specialsubject Sun 26-Feb-17 17:54:00

just checked on their website and the meter won't cut off overnight or all day on Sundays, so you are ok until tomorrow.

You need to take urgent action in the morning and perhaps also look into your finances to make sure you are getting all that you are entitled to.

Oh yes - was the meter zeroed when you moved in? Make sure you aren't paying someone else's debt! If the meter wasn't zeroed, ask for it to be done before you next top up so that's something else for tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now