Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Income support pregnant

(2 Posts)
harleysmammy Mon 20-Feb-17 16:19:40

Hi, i sent my letter off for income support not last thursday, the thursday before. My local job center doesnt have a letter box outside like some do so i sent it through the post office. I still havent heard anything from them and its been 11 days..is it normal not to hear anything for that long? How long does it normally take? I need the money so i can get my maternity grant as they wont give me it until i get some kind of benefit and i'm not on any other benefit. I need the grant asap as i've been in hospital countless times in the last few weeks and they said im showing signs of going early, i need to pay for the travel system i've ordered. I just wanna know how long it takes to hear back from them i guess, thanks x

LemonSqueezy0 Tue 21-Feb-17 11:46:29

I'd have thought you apply online these days.. Definitely double check, as soon as possible, as if they say they haven't been contacted you might not be technically claiming yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now