Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

alternatives to Co-op

(6 Posts)
togetherlikeglue Mon 13-Feb-17 14:07:46

I'm thinking of moving my current and savings account (or at least doing some research) given the news that the Co-op bank is up for sale and therefore the ethics covered by their Articles of Association may not survive.

I am keen to know if there are other banks that have a reasonable ethical investments policy, and about MNetters' experience of other banks in terms of customer service. Thank you for your wise advice. smile

Lemonsole Mon 13-Feb-17 16:46:47

I'm in the same boat, and so watching.
I think that my plan will be to go with a mutual, and so probably Nationwide. I'm gutted. I've been with Smile since it started.

MrsWooster Mon 13-Feb-17 16:52:58

Likewise. Watching with interest

togetherlikeglue Mon 13-Feb-17 17:57:36

lemonsole Nationwide is the only other provider listed on the moneyexpert website under companies with ethical polices so I might go that way too.

Ta1kinPeace Mon 13-Feb-17 18:16:39

The most likely buyer is going to be TSB and they may well amend their rules to be more fluffy as it will differentiate them from Lloyds

supadupapupascupa Mon 13-Feb-17 18:39:26

oh god, really? watching....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: