Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Does anyone get ESA? How did you apply?

(9 Posts)
Carolhh Fri 10-Feb-17 23:46:19

Considering going on ESA after doctors advice due to ongoing health issue. Is the process too complicated and does t get turned down?
Thank you

Oldsu Sat 11-Feb-17 08:04:36

I have never claimed benefits but this link will help you

There are two types of ESA you will have to have a work capability assessment which will tell you what type you are on and the rules are different if you are in a universal credit area.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 11-Feb-17 08:11:13

DH did it over the phone, gave all his details and then sent in a sick note

BlahBlahBlahEtc Sat 11-Feb-17 08:18:08

I've been on both pip and esa. Apply for both if you can.

They send you a form, fill it out, ALWAYS that you can't do things/ suffer with things more than 4 days out of 7, the pip lady told me that or they won't consider it. Every answer is your absolute worst day, no exceptions.

Then you get called in for an assessment, the pip one was more questions, the esa one they do some stupid physical test of things like "turn your hands over".

They're hard to get, especially esa in my opinion.
Just try not to let it stress you too much. There's also help you can get for forms but I cant remember the names. Citizens advice can point you in the right direction.

Sorry if i've put you off, I just didn't want you to go into it blind. But if you're accepted it's worth it, if not, appeal appeal appeal. Good luck!

Carolhh Sat 11-Feb-17 18:40:33

Thank you for your help, will see how it goes

Carolhh Mon 20-Feb-17 22:43:04

I am being encouraged to do the mandatory reconsideration if its not successful does anyone know what that is?

ilovesooty Mon 20-Feb-17 22:46:25

It's the appeal process if you are turned down.

LovelyBath77 Tue 21-Feb-17 10:19:18

There is a form online you can fill in on the computer and print off if you google it ESA50 it is called.

Carolhh Tue 21-Feb-17 22:25:54

thank you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: