Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Has anyone reclaimed bank charges recently - not PPI

(4 Posts)
PeterGriffinsPenisBeaker Wed 08-Feb-17 17:49:50

Just wondering the above. Just ordered all statement/transactions from Santander to work out what we had paid out in charges when we were on the bones of our arsed.

Anyone had any experience with this?

TIA wink

Littlemissindependent Fri 10-Feb-17 10:01:02

I've started the process this week with Lloyds. Found the template letter via Martin Lewis and sent it off. The bank has 14 days to get back to you I believe

SwedishEdith Fri 10-Feb-17 18:44:20

I did a very half-hearted application a few weeks ago expecting nothing. And then got a letter telling me they've credited my account by £150.00 for a portion of the time. I'm going to challenge it as I believe it's the period they're not upholding which was when there was misselling. But, my point is, you've nothing to lose by trying.

PeterGriffinsPenisBeaker Thu 16-Feb-17 15:03:29

Thanks for your responses - have got bank statements for the lift of the account now and using MSE's tally to tot up the charges.

Swedish Do you mind if I ask which bank it was and which criterion you applied under? Our charges definitely evoked financial hardship - usual case of a £25 charge for a card swipe of £2.50... angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now