Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone know about PPI claims

(6 Posts)
Ledkr Tue 07-Feb-17 17:54:11

Hello. After many calls I eventually half heartedly signed up with a CMC to see if I had anything owing.
I signed a load of letters of authority and heard nothing else.
Then a few weeks ago I got a cheque from Barclays for 200 pound, closely followed by another letter of authority from the CMC for Barclays.
I wasn't sure what to think so stuck my head in the sand.
However now they are hounding me for the letter of authority and I can't help thinking maybe that means that Barclays have just paid up without them being involved (obviously they would have contacted them initially)
Now I've had a letter stating if I don't contact them they will cancel their services but I maybe charged.
What shall I do?
Obviously they want their fee but if I can avoid this I obviously will.

MyGodLikeChin Tue 07-Feb-17 18:19:28

Don't know loads but can tell you my experience. I only had two providers to make a claim against-went through a claims company. Signed the authority letters and the company did the rest.
When I was paid out by the providers the amount I was to receive came to me via the claims company with the option to pay my fees to them directly from the ppi refund and they would send me a cheque for my bit of it or did I want the full ppi cheque and then pay them by another means.

MyGodLikeChin Tue 07-Feb-17 18:21:35

Did your 200 come directly from Barclays? No mention of the claims company, can you check with Barclays?
Seems odd to get a payout then need to sign another authority letter for the same provider.

empirerecordsrocked Tue 07-Feb-17 18:23:07

Did you ever have a bank account package you paid for? They've recently started refunding for those too so maybe it's something different?

Ledkr Tue 07-Feb-17 19:25:48

I'll ring Barclays tomorrow. I guess if they contacted them I need to cough up, rather that than they put some ridiculous charges on me.

RedHelenB Thu 09-Feb-17 11:36:09

If they've done the work then you need to pay them surely?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now