Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PAYG or Contract?

(15 Posts)
archiesmummy Mon 26-Feb-07 09:57:05

Hiya all,

I have a contract phone but am spending £25-35 every month and now that I'm a SAHM this is just silly.
Orange has offered to put me on another tariff which will reduce (I think they said this last time as well) the cost to £20.

Would it be worth me getting PAYG instead?

I'm a bit put off by the hassle. People I know on PAYG never seem to have any credit or they are always having to top up. Is it still worth it?

wurlywurly Mon 26-Feb-07 09:58:51

I have some 02 simcards if you would like one AM??, you top up by £10 and you get 300 text messages as well as the £10 credit.

wurlywurly Mon 26-Feb-07 10:01:46

it really depends on how much you use your phone, there are so many good deals about at the moment with some really good phones. If you are gonna stick woth contracts then have a look at dialaphone, you get some really good freebies with the phones.

I have just gone from PAYG to contract cos I was the same never had any credit on my phone, ended up using the house phone when i could have sent a text message, so for me contract is better.

Aloveheart Mon 26-Feb-07 10:01:47

I have payg, i find it ok. Because if you haven't got the money one month you don't need to be spending something you haven't got. I suppose it depends on how much you use your phone. you can top up with debit care or credit card so you don't always have to go to shops.

ja9 Mon 26-Feb-07 10:02:17

i have payg deal with o2. same as wurlywurly describes. works brilliantly for me. it never costs me more than £10 per month.

Aloveheart Mon 26-Feb-07 10:02:33

that was meant to say card not care lol.

wurlywurly Mon 26-Feb-07 10:02:48

you can also set up your PAYG so that you can top-up online aswell.

Aloveheart Mon 26-Feb-07 10:03:02

I'm on orange if you top up by £10 you get so many free texts.

wurlywurly Mon 26-Feb-07 10:04:03

free 02 sim cards

archiesmummy Mon 26-Feb-07 10:09:08

I'm even more confused now.. Freebies sounds good. Just a bit worried as I've had contract phones for 6 years

wurlywurly Mon 26-Feb-07 10:22:22

with PAYG you are not stuck with anything, if you decide after acouple of months thst its not for you then go back to a contract.

I have just got a nokia 7373 with free psp for £35 per month with dialaphone, think it was 400 minutes 100 texts per month.

Waswondering Mon 26-Feb-07 19:13:35

Wurly - is your 7373 the pink one?

Sooo cute! Just got mine 2 weeks ago and love it!!

ImaWurzel Mon 26-Feb-07 19:21:50

I have PAYG orange. When i top up with £15 i get 3000 free texts between 7pm and 7am weekdays, and from 7pm fri to 7am mon. So all is good. Except at the moment i have no credit cos got no money. i e-mail a lot when i'm home. or use house phone quickly. I hate the idea of spending that much on contract when you haven't even used the phone yet. I know it's good cos you never need to worry about credit,But it's money to me that could have gone on something else.

FioFio Mon 26-Feb-07 19:22:52

Message withdrawn

archiesmummy Mon 26-Feb-07 22:07:04

Ok, thank you all. I think I will go PAYG Orange for a while to see what it is like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now