Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Rewards for petrol and food shopping

(9 Posts)
shalalala Sun 29-Jan-17 21:58:20

Can anyone recommend a card that offers cashback/rewards on food shopping and petrol? Debit card ideally but is it only credit cards that do this? Thanks v much

Notreallyhappy Mon 30-Jan-17 07:29:46

We have an m&s card that gives vouchers . We use it at the pump &pay it off as soon as we get in on a bank app & direct payment. Save vouchers for xmas shop ( or clothes)

Trumpton Mon 30-Jan-17 11:56:19

I put all my online food shopping and petrol onto Barclaycard and get back high street vouchers . I let them mount up but about £120 per year.

shalalala Mon 30-Jan-17 16:50:32

Thanks.

@trumpton - is that a credit or debit?

19lottie82 Mon 30-Jan-17 16:54:15

I use a capital one credit card and get 0.5% back on EVERYTHING which would prob work out better than a slightly higher amount but for just fuel / groceries.

InTheDessert Mon 30-Jan-17 17:11:17

Do you do the majority of your food and petrol shopping with one brand??? If so, see if that supermarket do anything. We lived half a mile from Tesco, and with a tesco credit card, we got points on all shopping, and twice the cash back on Tesco purchases. It really added up, and spending them in Tesco wasn't hard for us either.

Trumpton Mon 30-Jan-17 17:55:11

It's a credit card .
Rewards range depending on where the money is spent.

BARCLAYCARD FREEDOM REWARDS
3 points/£1 at 'Lifestyle Booster' partners,
2 points/£1 at supermarkets, petrol stations and TfL,
1 point/£1 elsewhere.
1,750 points = £5 high street voucher.
0.9% on 3 points,
0.6% on 2 points
and 0.3% on 1 point levels of spend.

It works for us and we have a dd set up to clear it in full every month .

Sunseed Mon 30-Jan-17 20:01:27

American Express Nectar credit card is useful if your main shop is Sainsburys and you also have a Nectar points card. Earn points directly by shopping at Sainsburys and BP Petrol stations and swiping the Nectar card, plus earn points by using the Nectar Credit Card to pay for the purchases.

anyname123 Wed 01-Feb-17 16:37:30

If you work for NHS /Armed Forces / some other places I can't think of then their cashbook cards are REALLY good, 5% at some shops, but not on petrol unfortunately

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now