Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Investigation unit

(4 Posts)
Holymoly1 Sat 28-Jan-17 15:16:36

Hi,
Wondering if anyone can help a very anxious person.
So I graduated in June after 3 hard years where I fled dv and my daughter became very ill. Life just started to get good again new job etc. Student loans requested my confirmation of child costa's and due toons thing or another I sent it in Dec 29th (was due on Aug 31). I heard nothing back and so called and they have said its gone to special investigations unit. Well I did a quick Google and am now worried sick. It has convictions of people who are accused of falsifying accounts. I have NEVER done this my child for provider has always signed it BUT if I'm honest when I take it in they don't really look over it (they have always asked me to fill it in). Normally what happens is if I'm a bit out I'll pay the is amount or if they are over they will pay me. If I'm honest my finances are a mess so with my student loans I sometimes used childcare to get to placement or used my grants to pay childcare as it was all in drive and drabs (I'm rubbish at paperwork). So now I'm really worried! I'm thinking it looks really bad as sometimes Iv sent stuff in then asked them to ignore it as it was wrong and resent it. I was told about 3 years ago they would contact nursery and so not to worry too much, but now I'm worrying could they do me for fraud if figures are out? I would always pay anything back . I can't think of anything else it could be?? I have never been in any trouble, I have ALWAYS notified agencies immediately of change to my circumstances and have NEVER been under any investigation of any sort. But now I'm worried as I do get mixed up and often had to refill out the forms die to sending in wrong ones etc (I'm dyslexic). What is worrying me is I have a great new job but if I were to get prosecuted I would lose my job!
Previously amounts have been out either way by between £35-120 surely this isn't fraud???

ChequeredPasta Sun 29-Jan-17 08:47:59

Sorry to hear you're having a difficult time.
Did the person on the phone say why it had gone to the special investigations unit?

It's a little unclear from your post - is there incorrect information on your application? If so, did you knowingly put it on, in order to benefit? Or are you saying that your forms are a mess and hard to read?

Holymoly1 Sun 29-Jan-17 13:08:33

Hi

They said because I sent it in so late, (it was due back end of Aug.
You basically list the weeks and put the amounts down to the best of my knowledge Iv put the correct information using the coatings of the after school club plus the breakfast club but I'm really worrying now

Holymoly1 Sun 29-Jan-17 13:10:30

I always thought that they checked with the nursery anyway as in the very beginning they said they had called so thought that was a part of the assessment process so why do they need a special investigations unit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now