Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Self Assessment - dividend help

(3 Posts)
champagneplanet Thu 26-Jan-17 22:07:05

I was hoping someone could help with my SA please? I have all my figures, everything correct, only had one income in 15/16 but it's spilt between wages and dividend payments.

Wages figure held by HMRC is correct so just need to add in the dividend amount. Do I put in the box the amount I actually physically received into my bank? The reason I ask is that I have a Tax Voucher from 1st April 2016 which says that an interim dividend of more than I had received had been voted. We took investment so agreed no dividends would be taken after that date.

We drew the dividends through the year in advance of them being voted. I'm just wondering if the tax voucher was a way of 'tidying up' the accounts or if I should put this amount on my return. We no longer deal with the accountant who did it for us.

Thanks in advance.

ordinarylives Fri 27-Jan-17 07:51:35

Yes always net amount

champagneplanet Fri 27-Jan-17 08:20:31

Thank you, that makes sense.

Won't have this next year I've gone fully on payroll!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now