Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Boomerang children and JSA

(4 Posts)
PattyPenguin Wed 25-Jan-17 13:33:40

Are young adults who move back in with their parents after university entitled to JSA or similar if they're unemployed and looking for work?

I can't get entitledto to work for this case, though I'm probably being very dense.

It's decades since I applied for JSA, and I have no idea how the system works now. I am, as you will have guessed, one of the parents.

Akire Wed 25-Jan-17 13:36:22

Anyone over 18 and is looking for work can claim JSA it dosnt matter who they live with or
Household income. It's around £54 week for under 25s. They will have to jump through lots of hoops and have C V ready now before can claim. They need to make appointment at the job centre.

Akire Wed 25-Jan-17 13:52:34

I mean it does matter if
You are living with a partner after 6m it's means tested but living with parents isn't counted in this way

PattyPenguin Wed 25-Jan-17 14:05:28

Thanks, Akire. The CV is constantly being tweaked!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: